Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Incredible Shrinking Women


Ok so I have been involved in the 1st Mesquite Ultimate Weightloss Challenge. We are in teams of 4. Our team is called "Incredible Shrinking Women" our leader is Michelle West, the rest of our team is Keri Leavitt and Ronya Cox. Michelle had these shirts made for us. It has been going now for 9 weeks and will end on April 1st. We have had a 5k walk/run challenge in January. Our team came in 3rd. We have classes that we attend during the week that kick our butt (or I should say Robin @ The Edge Athletic Club kicks our butt). I have joined the Edge and love it. My trainer Cyndi is awesome. She has shown me all kinds of ways to make my work-out better.
I am not sure that I have lost much weight (gotta remember to not drink Cherry Coke), but mentally I have felt much better. It is so cool, because I can even take Trevor with me and he has his own Playcare class as well. He gets excited to go too!
February Challenge...Dirt Race Relay

You can look at this picture in 2 ways...either they are in 1st place or last place beings there are no other teams around. You guessed it...LAST. I don't really care though I am so proud of myself for finishing. We went up and down hills, flipped huge tractor tires, did jumping jacks and burpees throughout the course.
Group picture of all participants and trainers.

A big HI-5 to Jana & Robyn (Edge co-owners) for putting this together!!

2 comments:

Julz said...

You guys ROCK!!!

Michelle said...

Team leader!? When did that happen?? I thought I was just about to be voted out ;)

You will have to email me some if the pictures!! lovecrft@gmail.com